Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pregnancy observances at 7 1/2 months

  • The three most common questions that I hear every day now, "When is your baby due?" and "Is this your first?" and "Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?"
  • I no longer have ankles, and none of my shoes fit. And, the pregnancy clothes that I bought at the very beginning of my pregnancy no longer fit either. I no longer can wear anything with the word "small" in the size. Who knew you needed stages of maternity wear?
  • 99% of baby clothes for girls are pink.
  • First trimester tiredness returns in the third trimester.
  • Bending over is close to impossible. And standing up from sitting on the floor, or just getting up from laying down is almost just as challenging.
  • I sleep with multiple pillows under my head, one under my belly, one between my legs, and a wedge behind my back. Scott calls it my "fort."
  • The baby kicks have turned in to "pushes." Not sure if there is just way less room in there, but instead of kicking, she takes her feet and pushes out--like she's stretching. Her feet feel like hard golf balls under my skin that pop out.
  • If you tell a toddler that your belly has a baby in it, they immediately want to lift up your shirt or look under your skirt to see it.
  • Baby brain is soooo real. I can't come up with the simplest of words anymore. And half the time I forget what I am doing in the middle of doing it.
  • Braxton Hicks contractions visit me quite frequently. I really need to learn to slow down. How do you do that?

1 comment:

tracy @mamacreates said...

I miss being pregnant, although I do not miss trying to get up from my chair or bed, which usually involved rocking back & forth to get some momentum...while Adam laughed at me.