We've been home with Lauren since Saturday and things are going really well. We're still figuring out her routine (feeding, sleeping, diaper changing), and what all of her squeaks and cries mean, but she's been such a good baby so far. She tends to eat every 2-3 hours, quickly followed by lots of burping and a good diaper change. I am still figuring out my own sleeping schedule right now and trying to follow everyone's advice to sleep when she sleeps (I am not very good at this because I would rather just hold her all day long instead). Somehow adrenaline is keeping me going!
Oh, and lots of you have been asking how Willie and Sydney are acclimating. Willie is super protective and lays next to us, runs over to us when the baby makes a noise, etc. It's really cute. Sydney watches from a distance and isn't sure what to think (I think she is processing that she is no longer mama's baby--awwww). More updates and pictures to come soon!
3 comments:
oh my goodness, she is so precious! really, really cute! great job, you guys :)
For me, it took about 3 weeks before I really started to figure Ellis out, and after 6 months, I feel like I've got a pretty good handle on her. Except that she hasn't figured out she still needs naps on the weekends. I tell myself it's because she can't bear to be apart from us ;)
Congrats again!!
Yea! So glad you're all home safe and sound. I'm not surprised to hear Lauren's 10% weight and 50% length. She seemed long wrapped up in that blanket! I'm sure she looks very long considering how little she weighs.
Can't wait to see her again soon! : )
Your daughter is just beautiful and I know how proud you are of her. Congratulations.
Don't get too used to Mindy being there. I miss her at work, so send her home! Just teasing. I'm sure Mindy is having a great time being with all of you. She was so upset last Friday that she had to wait till Sunday to come down to see Lauren again. She's a great aunt, but you need to convince her to have a baby of her own!
Post a Comment