Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stitches?!!?

Well, last night was a toughie----Lauren got 12 stitches in her foot. Yikes.
Little Lauren was jumping off this wooden box with little handles on it, and somehow, some way, managed to slice down the whole left side of her left foot. Scott had just walked in the door from work, so we picked her up and just ran to the ER. There was blood everywhere, and our little baby was just screaming. Such a tough situation to see your little one helpless and in pain. Apparently too much for me, because I fainted. Ugh. But, Lauren did pretty well, considering. She got lots of shots in her foot and then 12 stitches. Poor thing is all bandaged up and on antibiotics and a little medicine for the pain. She can't walk much, so momma is gonna be super strong after carrying her for the next few days. She should get her stitches out in about 9 days.

Poor booger!

3 comments:

Michelle Arvesen said...

Oh, no! Poor little Lauren.

JFM said...

Oh my goodness, Christy. Hope she, and you!, are feeling better. Poor girl.

Renee said...

Oh mu gosh. I just read this. I hope little Lauren is doing ok! I know it's horrible to feel helpless while your little one is in pain. Popsicles help! :)