Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas and more

I'm so overdue for a post! We had a great Christmas holiday. Scott, Lauren, the two beagles, and I drove to Florida to spend it with Scott's mom and his family. It was a long drive, but Lauren did pretty well considering we all know she's hated being in the car since the second she was born! We stretched the drive over three days, had lots of stops along the way, and I packed an enormous bag of tricks to keep her occupied and entertained.


Christmas was nice. We got in lots of good family time and Lauren had a blast chasing around her older cousins for a week. She stayed up late every night, had S'mores for the first time, saw fireworks on New Year's eve, went on a hayride with Santa Claus, met Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy at a Disney character breakfast, and played more hide n' seek in one week than should be humanly possible.

Christmas morning was a lot of fun now that Lauren is old enough to open presents. She doesn't get too caught up in wanting to open as many presents as possible--she'd rather open a present and play with it for a while and then a little later on open another one.

I owe pictures to the blog once I get them off Scott's camera! Stay tuned.

No comments: