Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We toured the hospital last night!

Last night we took a tour of St. David's Hospital here in Austin (where we are having the baby). The tour consisted of Scott & I and about 10 other pregnant couples. They took us through the maternity ward, showed us the labor and delivery rooms, the recovery rooms, the nursery, etc. They also told us what to expect, how long the process takes at each stage, where you go to check in, etc. I even got some pre-registration papers to fill out and turn in. It was so nuts to see it all first hand! When we went by the nursery we saw a baby that had just been born an hour before. Looking at the baby and realizing that is the final result in a couple of months was unreal. The hospital told us everything that they do in the first hours and we just got to visualize ourselves going through the same thing. I think Scott and I both got pretty emotional--it was about as real as it gets!

No comments: